Oh, how I love the internet. Because last year, when I decided to have a blog, of course I published my 2010 New Years plans…here was my list. (Let's make comments):
1) Go Out More (be more social). Do not turn down an invitation no matter how exhausted you are...going out equals stories and you are a writer. This is actually a repeat from last year...but...if you read the last post...do I go to married guys pot luck tomorrow? Confliction...but could get a story right?
OKAY…I TOTALLY WENT OUT MORE…BUT DIDN'T GO OUT TO MARRIED GUYS EVENT (I HAVE STANDARDS…BARELY…) SO THIS YEARS RESOLUTION: GO OUT AND PIMP YOUR BOOK MORE J
2) Do not drink alone. If you are going to have a drink, you must be with someone. (So again...pushing that social thing....again a repeat and No I didn't always keep this resolution in 2009...I'll try harder in 2010.)
I GOT A ROOMMATE THIS FALL…SO WHEN I DRINK…MY ROOMATE IS AROUND. THAT'S PROGRESS RIGHT?
3) Lose 20 lbs. Last year I lost 15. (Not bad....I did go down the all important dress size. Yeah me. But I have about 15 or 20 to go. I want to get there this year.)
UM…DIDN'T LOSE 20 LBS. STILL NEED TO LOSE 20 LBS…WHICH I WILL DO IN JANUARY. MUST FIT BETTER INTO MY SKI PANTS.
4) Be more active. The gym is fun, well not fun, but practical. But I'd like to do more bike riding, public gardening, hiking etc. Things outside, again...keep up the social thing. (Current issue is time and the lack of sunlight in the early hours.)
OK. I HAVE THE TIME AND I JOINED A NEW GYM CLOSER TO MY HOUSE. I AM KEEPING THIS GOING. I NEED TO PUSH MYSELF MORE. THE CONVO WITH MY SISTER OVER CHRISTMAS BREAK WAS TO JOIN MORE CLASSES…SO I'M GOING TO DO THAT. I WANT TO LOSE THAT 20LBS. SERIOUSLY.
5) Get published. (All signs are pointing that is going to finally happen. Yeah me.)
AH SIGH….I SOLD MY FIRST NOVEL IN MARCH 2010. THEY KEEP CHANGING THE PUBLISHING DATE, BUT, RIGHT NOW…"DATING IN LA LA LAND" WILL HIT STORES IN JUNE 2011. I JUST FINISHED A HUGE EDIT AND I LOVE MY TEAM. IT'S AS FUNNY AS…. AS WELL, ME!
6) Travel more. (I am currently dreaming about 3 vacations. Don't know with whom or when these can/will happen...but I will attempt to go to three places near and far in 2010.)
WELL... I DID DO SOME TRAVEL THIS YEAR…NOT EXACTLY WHERE I THOUGHT I'D GO TO LAST YEAR. I WENT TO VEGAS WITH MY BOOK CLUB FOR THE RUGBY TOURNAMENT (UMMMM….AWESOME…MEN IN SHORT SHORTS…) AND THEN NAPA FOR MY BIRTHDAY (THANKS TO THE JANE GOODALL GALA I ATTENDED AND BID ON A KILLER DEAL…) AND I WENT TO IRELAND WITH MY SISTER IN THE FALL AND HAD A BLAST. OF COURSE…WENT TO NYC AN EPIC THREE TIMES LAST YEAR FOR MEETINGS AND CONVENTIONS…BUT I HAVE MY PASSPORT RENEWED AND I'M ALWAYS ON THE GO.)
7) Listen to own voice and not be pressured. Be sane, and not let the insane rule my life. (This is probably going to be the hardest thing for me. My head races with a mindful of ideas that aren't always necessarily the best choices.)
OH MY GOD….I ACHIEVED THIS. FUNNY WHAT YOU PUT DOWN.
8) Flirt more. (Literally I was at the CHP (California Highway Patrol Office) the other day, and I flirted with the officer checking out to make sure I had my headlights fixed - stop it with the sex jokes okay -- and well...it was fun. A little smirk and a smile not only makes my day, it can make someone else's, so I need to flirt more.)
WHILE I DIDN'T DATE A CHP IN 2010…I DID DATE A FORMER COP AND NOW A PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR. WELL ACTUALLY…I HAD A LOT OF DATES IN 2010. I HAVE HAD MY FLIRT ON…AND I DO HAVE MY HEART ON A CERTAIN SLEEVE… AND I AM SUCH A HAPPY GIRL.
9) Fall in love. (Could be simple...or heartbreaking. I've had years filled with both. But I'm throwing my heart out there again this year. And looking for serious takers. Truly. Be men...got it?)
YOU KNOW….WHEN MEN WERE WISHY WASHY…I LET THEM GO EARLY ON. I WAS DUMPED, AND I FELL HARD IN 2010. BUT AS THE YEAR COMES TO A CLOSE…I AM FULL OF OPTIMISM. IN YEARS PAST I WAS SORT OF FULL OF "I HOPE THEY LIKE ME"…AND NOW I'M MUCH MORE OF "I'M A GREAT CATCH, AND THEY WOULD BE LUCKY FOR ME TO FALL IN LOVE WITH THEM" ATTITUDE. ALL I CAN SAY IS…I HAVE A SUNNY OUTLOOK ON MY LIFE AND YOU CAN ALL BE JEALOUS. I HAVE LOTS OF LOVE IN MY LIFE.
My NEW resolutions for 2011 are:
- BE AN HONEST AUTHOR/WRITER. (Give advice to fans, help those who want/need to be published and give back to those who possess serious talent.)
- BE AN HONEST GIRLFRIEND…BUT NOT TOO HONEST. (I trusted my gut a lot this year. When it wasn't working, I let men know. But I might want to work through things more. I need to realize that no one is perfect – including me – and relationships take work. Respect individuality and them you.)
- MOVE FORWARD. (While you might not understand this…I do. I don't want to live in a condo that won't help my relationship, I don't want to work on a job that I won't be happy with (one that will just make money.) I want to move my relationships, my life, my career… forward…be progressive, not stagnate.
- LISTEN. (I tend to be boastful. It's all about me me me….I need to listen to others and care about their needs.)
- LOSE 20 LBS. (I can do that this year. I would like to be at my goal weight by my birthday….I know, who wouldn't?)
- GO TO NEW YORK AND MAKE A PLAN…SELL MY SECOND BOOK ETC. (Every time I visit New York, I don't have a plan. I have a meeting. This year, I'm going to establish a plan…progressive meetings, sell books, create media buzz.)
- BUILD UP TV CAREER….AGAIN. (I've been gone from the TV biz for 7 years….I want to get back to my roots. And I love TV.)
- NETWORK, SEE OLD FRIENDS, AND CREATE NEW ONES. (I actually started this, this year…and I'm having a blast. My friends have not forgotten me, and are so proud I actually wrote a novel while in an insane job. So it's been so great seeing old friends who are supportive to my new endeavors with so much enthusiasm (and hopefully book me on their various TV programs!))
- PAY ATTENTION TO THE LITTLE THINGS (Whether it's supporting a friends indie film project, or sending a card to someone in the hospital, those little things mean so much…and I want to commit to that.)
- FALL IN LOVE. (I know…a repeat from last year…but I believe in my heart that he is out there for me…and I plan on giving out my heart to the right man in 2011.)