Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Al and Tipper Gore


Seperating? Divorcing? Say what?
My best friend has a thing for Al Gore. She volunteered for him during the 2000 election campaign. Walked door-to-door expounding his attributes to the masses. Wore her Gore/Lieberman hat proudly to my very Republican parents house (and was asked to leave actually). And then one morning, she woke up and said, "Wow…I just had this awesome dream. Al Gore was great in the sack." From then on…she's had fantasies about Al.
So this morning, as I perused the headlines, I see Al and Tipper are seperating.
No explanation given, it was a mutual decision. Of course I had to call my best friend.
"I know…maybe I have a chance?" she blurted. Somehow, I don't think so, but I let her fantasize.
After famously, laying a big fat kiss on Tipper during the 2000 Democratic Convention, Al had become some fantasy of my friend as the perfect lover with power.
Recently I went to an Al Gore book signing/public speaking event. Here was a confident man, giving a speech he'd probably given a hundred times. It was time for people to wake up to Global Warming and take action. The room was filled with men and women; students and suits; young and old…it was a general mix. He wasn't converting anyone…we all knew about Global Warming…but we hung on his every word. He stood tall, was smart, polite, Southern Charmer, and while I chuckled at his "Gore-isms" and the way he pronunciated his h's, I understood my best friends attraction. Al Gore was a nice guy.
And then today's news.
Come on Tipper…what do you know?
Did he have an affair with some documentary filmmaker ala John Edwards? Laurie David perhaps?
Traveling too much?
Was he too into giving speeches and presentations on Global Warming, that he missed the warm sensation for your embrace?
Details, we need details!
I swear, if I hear Al Gore traded her in for a younger woman, I'm going to hurl. Tipper is a good woman Al. Wake up and don't be so delusional. What are you looking for at your age?
Or was it Tipper? Did she leave ha-ha-ha-him? Hey Tipper, you think someone else is going to walk in and sweep you off your feet? How often was he on the road? Because last time I checked, absence makes the heart grow fonder.
So what gives?
After 40 years of marriage…what would make you two throw it all away? The press will find out…so why are they being so vague?
I'm utterly curious now…and I know something is going to crack. For now…hey best friend…go for it. Start your dreamin. Because Al Gore is on the open market.

2 comments:

  1. Agreed. Al just got hotter now that he's in the dating market. Anyone want to go to Monecito and hang out? I heard he just purchased a small 9 million pad...

    ReplyDelete

Match