Monday, April 5, 2010

Things not to do…


Oh Man. I hate when this happens. You are browsing the bookshelves and come across a dating book and realize. I've done everything wrong. Who am I to give dating advice?
So here you go: from the book: "Undateable: 311 Things Guys Do That Guarantee They Won't Be Dating or Having Sex" – intriguing huh?
Okay – here's what the "relationship experts" tell us we do wrong:
WOMEN:
*Constantly call, instant message and text (okay…I'm guilty of this.)
*Use goofy pet names in public. (I don't do this. I think this is lame too!)
*Ask where this relationship is going. (I don't always do this…but do want to know around date 5 otherwise…you are wasting my time. Is this wrong?)
*Ask if they look fat in an outfit. (wtf…can't we ask them that? I just want an opinion…I think…. Oh right…he won't give an honest answer. Good to know.)


MEN:
*Try sex too early. (hum…I'm not opposed to this…that is if I'm attracted to you.)
*Lie about how tall they are or how much money they make. (True. We will always find out the truth. Be honest.)
*Whip out a calculator at dinner to split a check. (I've never had a calculator whipped out…. most dates I've had know how to halve a bill. I have no issue with splitting checks…most of the time.)
*Want to go out to dinner on a first date vs something casual like having coffee. (Really? That's an issue. I totally prefer dinner.)
*Play head games such as waiting three days before calling after a date. (Oh yeah…this happens all the time. I call them chicken shits.)
*Whine about how past exes did them wrong. (There are a lot of bad women out there…and I feel it's my job to let men know there are normal chicks out there. That is if I'm considered normal.)


BOTH SEXES:
*Talk about children on a first date. (Yeah…not yet….wait until date 3 or 4 to dive into the kids.)
*Are late for a date. (I am SO guilty of this. I work/live so far from everyone and as much as I plan ahead, I have a hard time judging traffic. Forgive me.)
*Are more interested in their pets than their dates. (I'm starting to learn…this is an issue with some of my friends too. Humans can talk. Get out more.)

1 comment:

  1. Splitting the check for dinner? Really? Wow, it's been waaay too long since I dated! Apparently because I too am often late. Perhaps because my cat IS more interesting than my last date!

    Heidi, you clearly know as much about dating as the writer of this book! Keep the advice coming...

    ReplyDelete

Match