Sunday, April 18, 2010

Random acts of whatever

"You don't bring me flowers." That's what she said. I didn't bring her flowers…..

How do I tell my friend…it wasn't because he didn't bring her flowers? (After all, I think he bought her a car.) Little gestures all score you major points. That's because they are unexpected. These should be random acts of whatever. If you do them all the time…well then…we learn to expect them and will whine "You don't bring me flowers…anymore."

Here's something most don't know about me…I have a brother. My brother is seriously, probably the most unromantic person I've ever met…and he's related to me. He puts in ZERO effort into anything. No joke, I think if my mom didn't remind him that he got married (on our Dad's birthday I would add) my brother would forget his wedding anniversary every year. Oh, and my mom advises him on what to buy his wife! Get her some flowers, oh and here, I got her a sweater. (Truly, I wish I was kidding, but I'm not.)

If my brother randomly bought his wife flowers…first I think she'd fall over laughing, and second…there would probably be some action in the bedroom. It would work wonders.

Random acts people. And they don't have to cost you a thing.

Pick up a starbucks coffee for me every once in a while; give me a back rub after a stressful day; say "let's go for a drive" without any plans; and hello…make me breakfast in bed. All totally unexpected…and well…you will always get a smile J.

For my friend…she was superficial to want flowers (on demand)…there are bigger issues she was dealing with and well…time to move on.

1 comment:

  1. Heidi - this was good for me to read. I'm married and just in a bad, bad mood right now- translation: husband can do NOTHING right. But he does ALL THOSE LITTLE THINGS. Thanks for reminding me. It won't cheer me up, but maybe I'll try to keep my bad mood a little more to myself. Celia aka Cedaquilt

    ReplyDelete

Match