Sunday, April 11, 2010

The List


I have a friend who swears that if you make a list of what you really want, you will get it. I'm not so convinced. I've made my Vision Boards, I've written my lists, I checked the boxes with honesty on eharmony, I poured my heart and soul into a journal…and well…nothing.
Recently, I re-examined a list I made circa 1999 after a fierce break-up with ex-jerk. And well, it's all still pretty relevant and valid. (So where is my husband?) Well, enjoy, if I ever do get married, we'll check off this list together…just don't tell him about it.
THE LIST
  • Wants children.
  • Has brothers and/or sisters.
  • Sensitive eyes and good smile (good dental hygiene a plus).
  • Actually wants to be in a relationship and doesn't play games.
  • Is a friend to me first, and digs me.
  • Can play a musical instrument, or likes to regularly attend concerts. (I like a music lover…any type of music ok…EXCEPT techno.) Gay flag…right?
  • Financially secure (or rather on the road to being financially secure). Also someone who makes their own money…not comes from money. Someone who is smart with their money and makes smart decisions or knows when they made a bad decision and learned from it.
  • Likes to learn new things or one who can break out of the box every once in a while. (Not that I'm one to take up Salsa dancing, but I'd be open to just about anything if asked. And I like that quality…not so judgmental.)
  • Has a good group of loyal guy friends he's known a long time. (Last guy had zero friends except chicks from his church.)
  • Likes "man" things (football, beer, poker).
  • Likes to play board games (if I guy told me he likes Scrabble…he gets bonus points.)
  • Can hold their own at a party. Doesn't need to be a tailgater.
  • Not a perfectionist. (Is fine when the dishes aren't done right after dinner but can wait until morning.)

  • Not depressed and has a happy disposition on life.


And that's it. So maybe if I put it out on the internet world…there will be some takers. Please, I feel I can hear my friend Adam yelling at me "Stop trying so hard!!!" I am Adam…I'm just saying…here are the qualities. Okay?

1 comment:

  1. (Last guy had zero friends except chicks from his church.) --> that's freakin' weird...on a couple of levels.

    ReplyDelete

Match