Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Pop of Color

I have heard New York women complain that there are no men to date anywhere. And I think I figured it out. They are all wearing black.

Ladies, you need to introduce a pop of color. Guys like it. From straights to gays, you ask a guy what you are wearing they will notice the colored item. Now, I also know that about 5% of the male population is color blind…so this might not work on all guys, but take my word and start adding color into your wardrobe.

How did I come upon this new revelation? I recently had a photo shoot and my photographer said to me, you need color so people remember who you are. So I did a poll of my own. I asked my female and a few of my male friends and the general consensus was: "I hate when girls don't wear color."

And Viola. The very next day, I went out looking for the most colorful wardrobe. No more little black dresses, unless the little black dress is worn with a pop of color (red shoes, cute colorful scarf, big bright earrings etc.)

I'm still trying to test this theory, but I think it's true. If you only wear black…who is going to notice you? It's time to step out of the crowd. (And now here we go with award season. I love me a good red carpet. My favorite is reading People magazine after the award show, or even E! and Joan Rivers, who loved what and who took a risk and it worked.) Black is blah.

(Oh and new photos are coming soon. I had a killer photographer take my portrait -- he's Angelina Jolie's favorite photographer. I can't wait to share them with you…but waiting for which portrait is going to be my "book jacket" – very exciting. Thank you to all my friends who consulted me on colors for the photoshoot. I'm pretty happy with them…even if the photographer did give me weird props…naked men, lollipops, and a basketball…whatever. You'll see.)

Go out and burst in a rainbow of color…and get noticed. It's working for me. HC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Match