Thursday, January 7, 2010

Sister's Dating woes...

Well..this was an email that made me laugh. So I had to share. It comes from my sister...Guess I should put it in the "Try, Try and Try Again" section -- this guy is a "classic"...enjoy her tale:

OMG - just had to email you about my date last night. The only plus was that the guy had used a recent picture. Unfortunately, that picture showed that he was bald, fleshy and beady eyed. The only reason I met him for coffee is the hope that he had a big wallet but a very bad camera, and maybe because I had a New Years resolution to be "open minded." The date started out OK - coffee at Starbucks on a Tuesday in a neutral part of town. But quickly it turned into what sounded like a flyer for a self help seminar. Turns out he had been to two such seminars in under 9 months at a clip of at least $1000 per session, and he was so excited to work some of those sure fire "attract your perfect mate" techniques that he misread my fascination as interest, not abhorrence. He had apparently learned some sort of 'transference of loving positive vibe sharing' and decided he would try it out on me. Having survived a former volcan mind meld with an ex-boyfriend, he had no idea that this "vibe sharing" was only my concentration to remember how bad this date was going. I was determined to remember his sausage finger hands gripping the faux leather chair in excitement, and his steely gaze of his own hypnotic undertaking trying desperately to keep me engaged. Luckily, like many in the dating wars, I had expertly plotted my exit long before the date began and was able to disengage myself from this hapless soul before the mind meld melted my resolve to escape. I did give him the perfunctory chaste hug goodbye and dropped him the, "I just started this internet dating thing and am going on a few dates this week" line so that I could properly dump him through email in 48 hours. Some girl was really going to like his creepy intensity, but it wasn't this girl tonight.

Good one Tree...Thank you for sharing.

If you have a tale, email me at: Heididcarson@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Match