Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Chase

I was re-reading my 2nd book (which hopefully will be out in Fall 2010 called "Love in the Time of Skinny Jeans") – my opening paragraph asks a good question. So I thought…good blog topic. Here it goes:

Why is there some double standard that a woman has to wait for a guy to ask them out? Really we just want to know if they actually like us. Think about it. If you like someone, and you're a girl, there's nothing you can do about it. Why?

Kinda sucks if you ask me. But why is it a woman can't ask out a guy she's attracted to? Doesn't that take off the pressure? Would you hate it if a woman bought you a beer at a bar?

OR…do you want to chase women? Pursue us? And how long are we to play games with one another and continue this "chasing"?

I was recently having a conversation with a "follower" (you know who you are) and I asked him this very question. He was pretty honest. Yes, he likes to chase women. He says his frustration however comes, when he's got her…and there is no more "chase involved" everything falls apart. Of course this went into a bigger conversation of "what I am I looking for" and I was honest too. I want someone to really like me. Dig me. Be my best friend. And of course love me. But chase me? Hummm. How do I say this…I'm not a fast runner?

So I ask you all. Do we (women) allow men to chase us? Or can we chase men? Is that really a turnoff? Please men…fill me in. I'm all ears…and should I purchase some running shoes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Match