Sunday, December 27, 2009

I love you Susan Sarandon

Susan Sarandon is my new hero. First she made headlines twenty years ago when she began dating Tim Robbins. And now, she's dumped him for a guy thirty years her junior. Nice work. And I love the fact that he is a ping pong tournament organizer. Obviously, she likes to have fun and has a sense of humor. Refreshing.

Now I know I'm not an old bitty (never will be for that matter), but why do we place stigmas on women who date younger men. Let me just tell you, my mom married a younger guy. I totally admire my mom. But older women are called cougars, poncing young men into seduction...excuse me...it that a crime? More power to you ladies! Train them to become better men, lovers, etc. Allow men to grow up.

It's these 20-something and 30-something guys who are trying to climb the corporate ladder and don't want to commit until they "make it" that drive me bonkers. What are you waiting for? To lose your hair, grow a beer gut, and then find someone young, fresh out of college in their early 20's who haven't figured you out yet? Answer: pretty much. And here's the thing that really bugs me...the women usually fall for them. Really? At 22 I wanted to run a movie studio. I wasn't thinking about getting married to an old dude with a beer gut. I was thinking about my career. I actually find ambitious people more attractive than those who constantly sit back and watch the clouds roll by. Life is what you make of it, so grab hold and have fun has always been my attitude...and if that's a crime. Then, I'm hanging out with Susan Sarandon, cause I think she's having a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Match