Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas

My mom's house is cold. Not just cold but in California, were talking bone-chilling temperatures. (Wendy...don't laugh). Seriously, you would think my mom is poor because she never turns on the heat in her house. Now most old people (sorry, mom...I'm publicly calling you old) move to warm weather states (Arizona and Florida respectively) and blast their heaters at all times. Not my mom, she already lives in Southern California and she believes (or has an aversion to) actually turning on her heater/thermostat. But why?????
With frost on her front lawn, I came down to my mom's, bundled up for a cozy time on the couch in front of her Christmas tree. Slept in cashmere, and flannel, and my nose is still frozen. It's in the 30's outside. That's cold.

Today (the 26th) my sister and I were chatting (at the La Costa Spa...which I highly recommend bytheway) about the proper etiquette to send email/texts/ whatever...to men. I sent a text to a guy friend "hey are we on for dinner tonight" -- wherein she said to me, I should have said "chicken or fish" -- apparently I gave him an out. If you text someone "hey are we on tonight?" all signs point to desperation. Why? Is my thought. Does that speak "desperation" I don't think so, but what do I know? Trina says, if you ask him "chicken or fish" he has to answer -- bad me! I'm not good at this relationship thing. Really I'm not good at much. Truly. Well, strike that, I am good at some things, which you will all learn in future posts...but that's for when our relationship really develops. For now, I'm curious on what you all think? Chicken or fish?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Karen for emailing me to say "Fish" -- I actually cooked fish :)

    ReplyDelete

Match